It’s one of…

If you were a hardcore pentester, is there any reason you'd need Kali or some other distro over just using Pentoo? Then I realized I had to recompile the kernel with some patch, recompile the regdb changing some limits... Ended using a Gentoo 32bit in virtualbox with Pentoo overlay =P, Once you get used to the deep control that Portage gives you it's hard to step back. I've been using Gentoo off and on, and i'd like to learn more about security, but I've already taken the initiative to install Kali. I heard a lot of negative > opinions about Kali Linux. Based off Gentoo Linux, Pentoo is provided both as 32 and 64 bit installable livecd. The most important reason people chose Gentoo Linux is: You build the package from a source you can see and read. Gentoo Linux is ranked 3rd while Kali Linux is ranked 47th. So... Is there anything Pentoo lacks, like tools, or whatever? Should I do as the most people so install Kali Linux on virtual machine or install Gentoo Hardened with Pentoo overlay on my PC? If you were a hardcore pentester, is there any reason you'd need Kali or some other distro over just using Pentoo?

On 04/02/2018 08:47 PM, Adam Carter wrote: On 04/02/2018 10:15 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote. I've been using Gentoo off and on, and i'd like to learn more about security, but I've already taken the initiative to install Kali. Based off Gentoo Linux, Pentoo is provided both as 32 and 64 bit installable livecd. Thanks, that's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure. As others have said, matter of preference. It's personal preference. Kali Linux desktop. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I want to learn from scratch securing Linux and ethical hacking. > Kali's spectacular, but I don't recommend it for "everyday" use. Hello! They will all have the same tools and the same options, once you install them. Source: Offensive Security. Some like one distro better than another for looks, name, commands, etc. It's designed to stand-up quick, do a pentest, and tear it back down when you're done. ©2020 GT.net. and.. couldn't I just install whatever is lacking? I ran a subset of the pentoo overlay on a laptop for a while, and while it was nifty to have some of those tools on hand, it wasn't enough for me to justify having them installed 24/7, and it never felt as complete as Kali does for the job. You decide which features you want to build in and which aren't needed.

It's Linux. I heard a lot of negative opinions about Kali Linux. I use Kali on a stick or in a VM for pentests because I like to be able to burn the image when I'm done, and Kali mostly works out of the box, with no need to configure.

-- Best regards, Hubert Hauser.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. A Gossamer Threads company.

BackBox is a Ubuntu-based distro developed for the purposes of penetration testing and security assessment.

I was always. Pentoo is a Live CD and Live USB designed for penetration testing and security assessment. > Gentoo Hardened with Pentoo overlay on my PC?

Death Tales Vita, Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe No Bake, Dunlop 65 Guitar Polish And Cleaner, High Nicotine Vape Juice, Dhansak Recipe From A Parsi Grandma, Tame Impala It Might Be Time Genius, Are Kirkland Organic Multivitamins Good, Rhizoids Meaning In Urdu, Fauré - Elegie Violin Sheet Music, Costco Blueberry Muffin Recipe, Sperm Whale Habitat, Sawan Ka Mahina Pawan Kare Shor Lyrics Mp3, Cuisinart Hand Blender, Suny Canton Esports, Rustic Comforter Sets, Band Partnership Agreement Australia, Blue Dragon Stir Fry Sauce Review, Hero Ignitor Vs Honda Stunner, Suny Morrisville Address, Tie Dye Kit Near Me, Rachael Yamagata Be Be Your Love, Potsdam, Ny Real Estate, Jerome Arizona Real Estate, Office Furniture Wholesale Distributors, Global Dairy Market Size, Ac Odyssey Atlantis, Lebanese Chicken And Rice Soup, Cuisinart Cooking Utensils, Highest Asvab Score Jobs, Shui Fei Ji, " />

pentoo vs kali

Posted by: Comments: 0

> > -- > Best regards, Hubert Hauser. Not sure how the Pentoo overlay works exactly, but I imagine as a Gentoo user, it'd be easier to use Pentoo rather than dual booting kali/Gentoo. It's designed to stand-up quick, do a pentest, and tear it back down when you're done.

On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 11:37 AM, Hubert Hauser wrote: On 03/31/2018 09:37 AM, Hubert Hauser wrote: On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 2:02 PM, Taiidan@gmx.com wrote: Do people actually dual boot with pentesting distros? 5th Floor, 455 Granville St., Vancouver, BC V6C 1T1, Canada | Legal. BackBox Linux.

Kali's spectacular, but I don't recommend it for "everyday" use. Tried Kali because it should "work out of the box". Pentoo is a Live CD and Live USB designed for penetration testing and security assessment. I generally fire up a new copy, do a test, destroy the copy, next test... New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, The place to find relevant information on Gentoo Linux, Press J to jump to the feed. Is there any benefit of using Kali Linux over Pentoo?

It’s one of…

If you were a hardcore pentester, is there any reason you'd need Kali or some other distro over just using Pentoo? Then I realized I had to recompile the kernel with some patch, recompile the regdb changing some limits... Ended using a Gentoo 32bit in virtualbox with Pentoo overlay =P, Once you get used to the deep control that Portage gives you it's hard to step back. I've been using Gentoo off and on, and i'd like to learn more about security, but I've already taken the initiative to install Kali. I heard a lot of negative > opinions about Kali Linux. Based off Gentoo Linux, Pentoo is provided both as 32 and 64 bit installable livecd. The most important reason people chose Gentoo Linux is: You build the package from a source you can see and read. Gentoo Linux is ranked 3rd while Kali Linux is ranked 47th. So... Is there anything Pentoo lacks, like tools, or whatever? Should I do as the most people so install Kali Linux on virtual machine or install Gentoo Hardened with Pentoo overlay on my PC? If you were a hardcore pentester, is there any reason you'd need Kali or some other distro over just using Pentoo?

On 04/02/2018 08:47 PM, Adam Carter wrote: On 04/02/2018 10:15 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote. I've been using Gentoo off and on, and i'd like to learn more about security, but I've already taken the initiative to install Kali. Based off Gentoo Linux, Pentoo is provided both as 32 and 64 bit installable livecd. Thanks, that's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure. As others have said, matter of preference. It's personal preference. Kali Linux desktop. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I want to learn from scratch securing Linux and ethical hacking. > Kali's spectacular, but I don't recommend it for "everyday" use. Hello! They will all have the same tools and the same options, once you install them. Source: Offensive Security. Some like one distro better than another for looks, name, commands, etc. It's designed to stand-up quick, do a pentest, and tear it back down when you're done. ©2020 GT.net. and.. couldn't I just install whatever is lacking? I ran a subset of the pentoo overlay on a laptop for a while, and while it was nifty to have some of those tools on hand, it wasn't enough for me to justify having them installed 24/7, and it never felt as complete as Kali does for the job. You decide which features you want to build in and which aren't needed.

It's Linux. I heard a lot of negative opinions about Kali Linux. I use Kali on a stick or in a VM for pentests because I like to be able to burn the image when I'm done, and Kali mostly works out of the box, with no need to configure.

-- Best regards, Hubert Hauser.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. A Gossamer Threads company.

BackBox is a Ubuntu-based distro developed for the purposes of penetration testing and security assessment.

I was always. Pentoo is a Live CD and Live USB designed for penetration testing and security assessment. > Gentoo Hardened with Pentoo overlay on my PC?

Death Tales Vita, Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe No Bake, Dunlop 65 Guitar Polish And Cleaner, High Nicotine Vape Juice, Dhansak Recipe From A Parsi Grandma, Tame Impala It Might Be Time Genius, Are Kirkland Organic Multivitamins Good, Rhizoids Meaning In Urdu, Fauré - Elegie Violin Sheet Music, Costco Blueberry Muffin Recipe, Sperm Whale Habitat, Sawan Ka Mahina Pawan Kare Shor Lyrics Mp3, Cuisinart Hand Blender, Suny Canton Esports, Rustic Comforter Sets, Band Partnership Agreement Australia, Blue Dragon Stir Fry Sauce Review, Hero Ignitor Vs Honda Stunner, Suny Morrisville Address, Tie Dye Kit Near Me, Rachael Yamagata Be Be Your Love, Potsdam, Ny Real Estate, Jerome Arizona Real Estate, Office Furniture Wholesale Distributors, Global Dairy Market Size, Ac Odyssey Atlantis, Lebanese Chicken And Rice Soup, Cuisinart Cooking Utensils, Highest Asvab Score Jobs, Shui Fei Ji,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *